These Anderson Style Plugs are genderless therefore perfect to connect your portable camping fridge or solar panel to your KICKASS® battery.
Anderson compatible plug/socket can be used as either a plug or a socket. They are fully insulated, a high 50 AMPS and made from pollycarbon.
The Anderson style connectors are a single-piece housing that provides a cost-effective, durable, and safe connection.
**Please NOTE** Grey Anderson plugs are inter-connectable with Black and Grey Anderson plugs only.
PLEASE ENSURE THAT INSTRUCTIONS ARE UNDERSTOOD PRIOR TO FITTING
- Use a stripping tool or a Stanley knife to carefully strip back the cable sheathing, if it is a twin core cable.
- Using a stripping tool, carefully strip back 1 cm of insulation of each single core cable (positive and negative).
- Attach the Anderson connector terminal lugs to the stripped back cable ends. Using a crimping tool, crimp terminal lugs securely onto the cable.
- Ensure the terminal lugs are crimped correctly by making sure they are fixed in place and cannot be pulled off.
- Making sure the terminal lug lip is facing up, attach the Anderson plug ensuring the positive and negative cables are inserted into their designated side (pos + and neg -).
- Push the cables all the way through until the terminal lug lip latches over the spring clip at the end of the plug and clips in place.
- Ensure both cables are fixed in place by carefully pulling each one individually, making sure the latch is over the spring clip and does not pull out of the Anderson plug.
*NOTE* To remove the cables from the Anderson plug once installed, use a tool (small flathead screwdriver) to push the spring clip down while pulling the individual cable out the back of the Anderson plug.